Friday, February 12, 2010

Taming Monsters in Your Head


Have you ever struggled with wanting to do something but been immobilised by conflicting emotions? Its like having monsters in your head doing battle, thanks to www.monsters.net for the monster picture!

I sure have! And it can be paralysing for years.

I am training for my 2nd Dan Black belt in Soo Bahk Do, a very Traditional Korean Chinese Martial Art. www.worldmoodukkwan.com Or should I say more honestly, I’ve been procrastinating.... Being a petite 50kg 45 year old mum who is afraid of any violence I have sometimes struggled with my chosen sport. When I got sick of the conflict I sat down with pen and paper and did the following exercise;

Why do Soo Bahk Do?

The positives far outweighed the negatives and the negatives could be minimised. Then I got really emotionally associated or connected with the positives. I used the positive WHY’s to motivate me. And I imagined the negatives of not continuing to train, the loss, waste and failure. With these strong emotions I was able to make a commitment and actually felt very excited to be on my journey to a 2nd Dan Black belt with my son.

The message is don’t sit still and accept being immobilised. It really stops you moving on to other things in your life. It doesn’t matter what you decide, it doesn’t even matter if you make a wrong decision, just get off the fence. And if you are having trouble making a decision, analyse why, keep asking yourself why? Not making a decision is making a decision by default! World famous speaker Anthony Robbins says for good reason “our destiny lies in our decisions.”

These internal conflicts are also known as incongruence. It’s like being pulled mentally in two different decisions. It’s easy for people to say, “just make a decision,” but internally you are in conflict and it can be tricky to resolve. If you can’t make a decision, drill down into why. Get AWARE of what is stopping you and tackle it using emotions to unlock your unconscious limits and fears. If you can’t, then you MUST.

I simply took pen to paper and got analytical, then I got emotional, then I had all the motivation I needed. All I did was tame the monsters in my head.

Good luck with your monsters too....

All these principles are incorporated in 4me2realize.

Why not try it now, click here to try it now? 4me2realize 60 Days FREE TRIAL

And if you order now you’ll get 3 months of free on-line support and a year of FREE upgrades.


Kind regards

Cas

No comments: