Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Truth Shop a modern fairytale


I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the name of the shop: THE TRUTH SHOP.


The salesgirl was very polite: What type of truth did I wish to purchase, partial or whole?

The whole truth, of course. No deceptions for me, no defences, no rationalizations. I wanted my truth plain and unadulterated. She waved me on to another side of the store.

The salesman there pointed to the price tag. "The price is very high, sir," he said. "What is it?" I asked, determined to get the whole truth, no matter what it cost. "Your security, sir," he answered.

I came away with a heavy heart. I still need the safety of my unquestioned beliefs.

And so the story goes.... but what does it all mean? Well, have you tried the truth test?

If something is true, it is true for everyone.


The temperature is 27 degrees is true. But only right here, right now, for me only, give me a minute and it is no longer true!....arg Truth can be a tricky, slippery little customer....

“You have to work hard to get ahead,” is not true. Our heads are full of beliefs that we dress up as truths. Why? These truths (belief systems) give us security! That is why we hold on to them sooooo tightly.

They were given to us before we ever asked for them or knew what they were. They are like unasked for gifts of dubious quality. They come from parents and teachers and childhood experiences. They create our patterns of thinking and behaviour. We have become accustomed, comfortable, dependable and familiar with them because they make us feel safe.
“ A tooth for a tooth, and eye for an eye.”

“Only nice people get good things,”

“ You can never get enough.”

“I am never good enough”

But because they are beliefs, they are just creations in our heads. I can create any truth (belief) in my head. And I can change and choose what to believe.


With this understanding, “The truth,” morphs into something resembling a heat haze on the horizon. It looks substantial, like life giving water, but when you get there, it is nothing!

You can change what is true for you any day you want, but the price is security. To get something new, you must give up the old to make space for the new.

To test the truth of anything ask yourself, “if this is true, is it true for everyone?” This is your “truth-from-belief” filter. A very useful tool!
When something is not true for everyone, you have a belief. Celebrate. You have the freedom to change and choose.


This will work wonders when people start a sentence saying “Honestly.... blah blah blah”
When they dress up their beliefs as absolute truth (no names mentioned)... To throw them off, simply say, “if that was true, it would be true for everyone, and that is not true for me. I appreciate and hear your opinion, (call it what it is) and I understand this is TRUE FOR YOU....but I have another perspective, would you like to listen?”


If the answer is no, move on! Not everyone is ready to pay the full price for getting to the truth on truth ie letting go of their truth (insert belief)!
Hope that helps.


Love always on the journey

Photographic acknowledgment http://lorrainemd.deviantart.com/art/Blinded-by-Truth-19212014


Artist's Comments
we blind ourselves,

when it stands before our eyes,

for it is often easier

to cradle our daily lies
How awesome is that!

Get to the truth of what your life is about using 4me2realize....

All these principles are incorporated in 4me2realize.

Why not try it now, click here to try it now? 4me2realize 60 Days FREE TRIAL

And if you order now you’ll get 3 months of free on-line support and a year of FREE upgrades.

Kind regards
Cas

No comments: