Thursday, May 7, 2009

Help! What is my Purpose?

Hello everyone, my name is Iris Lisle and I am the person in charge of Operations and Marketing Communications at Anti Chaos Systems, the company that created 4me2realize. If you want to know more about me, I’m on facebook.

I have just started using 4me2realize and found it so useful for myself. And just to share with some of you, I found it confronting when prompted to fill out the ‘Purpose’ bit within the software. And yet I am so blessed to be asked this question....”What IS my Purpose?”.... Many people go through 50, 60 even 80 years of life without taking some time to think or have been privileged to be confronted with this question.

It took me a while to figure this out. But honestly, the first word that came to my mind was "serve". My Purpose is to Serve! It took me about a week and a half to perfect my description and it now has 68 words which captures the essence of my Purpose. Really it doesn’t matter how many words I can type in to describe my Purpose, it is about soul searching deep down, taking some ME time to take a step back and reflect; WHAT IS MY PURPOSE? It is being privileged enough to be confronted with this question. It is about knowing your CORE.

When you fill out your Purpose, do not be alarmed if you go blank! That’s what the system does, it makes you think and think really deeply. It gives you the opportunity to reflect (actually it forces you to!) every time you use it.


The hardest bit for me was seriously, the Purpose.

After that, it was a breeze!

I login to 4me2realize as frequent as I check my emails and facebook account. It keeps me honest, on check, on track and accountable.

It’s a wonderful system. I’ll keep you updated with my journey with using 4me2realize.

Cheerios
Iris







No comments: